Assistant Site Merchandiser Intern
Department: Ecommerce Location: AG HQ: San Francisco, CA.
We are looking for an analytical, motivated and detail-oriented self-starter to become American Giant’s Assistant Site Merchandiser Intern. This role supports product performance and shopflow conversion strategy.
For American Giant, providing a best-in-class online experience is critical, as the website is both the primary sales channel, and also the primary communication of our brand.
Essential Job Functions
- The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Site Merchandiser in driving product performance and shopflow conversion.
- Coordinate delivery and accuracy of product merchandising on the website, including configuring images, copy, splicing, cross-sells, size charts, breadcrumbs, categories and subcategories.
- Oversee inventory accuracy in Demandware, configuring backorders and reconciling oversells in partnership with Customer Service. Confirm correct Netsuite configuration before launches.
- Refresh site merchandising regularly using product data, inventory status and analytics.
- Manage all product data in Netsuite, including names, thresholds, attributes and online flags. Ensure Netsuite data is accurate and actionable for merchandising reporting.
- Support the Site Merchandiser in pulling baseline merchandising reports.
- Own configuration in Optimizely and Demandware of merchandising A/B tests.
- Utilize web analytics tools to understand user behavior and identify potential issues/opportunities.
- Support ideation and brainstorming sessions to target conversion opportunities.
- Ensure optimal customer experience through site testing and monitoring site performance.
- Manage updating WMS (warehouse management system) with imagery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with web analytics tools desirable (Google Analytics, Coremetrics, Omniture)
- Experience with Optimizely or Monetate, or other A/B website testing tool desirable