Lead Web Developer
Department: Ecommerce Location: AG HQ: San Francisco, CA.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic individual to become American Giant’s Lead Web Developer. This position is the technical lead for the organization, playing a key role in the implementation of our eCommerce and marketing initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
- Optimize and/or architect ecommerce features such as merchandising and landing page templates, and checkout flow, or recommend off-the-shelf solutions
- Implement/maintain REST/SOAP integrations with third-party systems such as payment processors, email-service providers, etc.
- Maintain overall system architecture, including data relationships between our order management system Netsuite, our front-end system Demandware and third-party solutions
- Lead client-side and server-side performance improvements and scalability optimizations
- Troubleshoot and correct issues affecting the customer experience or business operations
- Provide feedback on feasibility, timing, and cost for targeted projects, as well as recommendations to achieve the optimal customer experience
- Develop implementation standards to ensure quality
- Manage and develop junior operations and technical coordinator
- Minimum of 2 years experience with ecommerce applications with catalog, shopping cart, merchandising and payment handling
- Minimum of 2 years experience developing for mobile-first and/or responsive websites
- Experience in code versioning and related tools, such as Subversion, Git
- Familiarity with development IDEs such as Eclipse
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure quality across all browser and device types
- Minimum of 1 year experience with back end Demandware development
- Demandware Developer Certification is required
- Google Analytics and/or Omniture Experience is a plus but not required