Store & Office Manager
Department: Service Location: AG HQ, San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a hardworking and motivated individual with both retail and office management experience to run our store and office. American Giant has a strong brand and value system. We expect our office and store to reflect it to the customers, vendors and employees who utilize the space. Candidate will be required to work independently, communicate well, prioritize effectively, work under pressure, and be organized.
Store: American Giant is an e-commerce business. Our office is the only physical location where customers can come to have an in-person brand experience. The in-office store has multiple goals: (1) make customers, (2) provide a great brand experience (3) provide a “lab” for improving customer experience.
Office: American Giant is a team of hardworking, dedicated individuals committed to bringing Made in USA quality to as many as possible. The Office Manager is responsible for making sure the office runs efficiently and reflects our company brand, values and culture.
Essential Job Functions
- Promote a retail store experience that reflects the American Giant brand and creates loyal customers
- Deliver retail sales to meet or exceed annual plan
- Maintain a clean and attractive store area
- Generate customer interest and awareness to support annual plan through brand-appropriate communication
- Manage in-store, customer, and employee events, often in conjunction with social marketing
- Responsible for scheduling staffing assistance as needed
- Accountable for inventory targets and management of stock levels to support sales plan
- Manage inventory back stock to ensure that it is accurate, secure, accessible and organized
- Cross trained for customer service backup
- Oversee store and office budget, including office and store supplies, maintenance and utilities
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and properly provisioned office environment that reflects AG’s brand and values
- Manage office vendor relationships including landlord, phone, internet, cleaning, garbage, electric, cleaning, repairs, alarms, etc.
- Ensure new employees are properly equipped with laptops, phones, desks etc.
- Maintain office equipment including printers, routers, monitors, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) or equivalent from four-year college or university
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic Excel and accounting skills
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) or equivalent from four-year college or university
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with retail sales and inventory management
- Basic Excel and accounting skills with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability and willingness to build and move office furniture and set up office equipment
In this position an employee is frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Must be able to work on a computer and telephone for extended periods of time.Back to Join Our Team