Job Title: Office & Store Manager
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Corporate HQ, San Francisco CA
We are looking for a hardworking and motivated individual, ideally with both retail and office management experience to run our store and office. American Giant has a strong brand and value system and we expect our office and store to reflect these strengths to our customers, vendors and employees. You will be required to work independently, communicate well, prioritize effectively, work under pressure, and be organized. You will work closely with our CFO and management team to consistently test and provide feedback for innovative ways to improve the office and store environment.
Store/Showroom: American Giant is an e-commerce business. Our office is the only physical location where customers can come to have an in-person experience. The in-office store/showroom has multiple goals: (1) make customers through the sale of core products, (2) provide a great brand experience and (3) provide a “lab” for improving the customer experience.
Office: American Giant is a team of hardworking, dedicated individuals committed to bringing Made in USA quality to as many customers as possible. The Office Manager is responsible for ensuring the office runs efficiently and reflects our company brand, values and culture.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Promote a retail experience that reflects the American Giant brand and creates loyal customers
- Deliver retail sales to meet or exceed annual plan
- Maintain a clean, organized, and attractive store area that allows customers to experience the product line
- Generate customer interest and awareness to support annual plan through brand-appropriate communication
- Manage in-store, customer, and employee events, often in conjunction with social marketing
- Accountable for inventory management and stock levels to support sales plan
- Manage inventory to ensure that it is accurate, secure, accessible and organized
- Monitor Square and Yelp customer feedback
- Responsible for scheduling staffing assistance when needed
- Cross trained for customer service backup
- Oversee store and office budget, including office and store supplies, maintenance and utilities
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and properly provisioned office environment that reflects AG’s brand and values
- Manage office vendor relationships including landlord, IT consultants, phone, internet, cleaning, garbage, utilities, repairs, alarms, etc.
- Ensure new employees are properly equipped with laptops, phones, desks etc.
- Monitor office equipment and IT systems including printers, routers, monitors, etc. to ensure they are working properly and efficiently
- Help lead a productive and exciting office environment through company events, birthdays and lunches
- Aid the management team in organizing lunch meetings, board meetings, off-sites, hotels, car rentals, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) or equivalent from four-year college or university
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Basic Excel and accounting skills
In this position an employee is frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Must be able to work on a computer and telephone for extended periods of time.
To apply for this position, please email us your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.