Job Listing - Associate Designer
Job Title: Associate Designer
Locations: San Francisco, CA
American Giant is looking for an Associate Designer to join our rapidly growing business. You will support the Design team to develop concepts and new styles for the entire product line across Men’s and Women’s catagories, and advocate for design ideas by presenting to internal leadership and cross functional partners. You will research global markets in order to identify new seasonal trends, silhouettes, fabrics, techniques, product categories and competitive inspiration. You will coordinate information across functions, working closely with Merchandising and Product Development. You will report directly to our Design Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Extensive design knowledge and technical understanding of Apparel, with emphasis on Women’s cut and sew and dresses.
- Initiate design concepts with thorough research and inspirational images
- Keen sense of color with the ability to create appealing and balanced assortments
- Strong hand sketching and flat sketching skills on Illustrator and Photoshop
- Building strong cross functional partnerships with Production and Tech Design to create tech packs and communicate vision behind fit and product design, ensuring execution and quality.
- Responsible for sketch callouts and communicating desired fit and aesthetic to tech design, and maintaining sketch updates and specifications (i.e. trims, wash, etc..)
- Assist with the preparation of presentations for milestone meetings
- Track and catalog lab dip, fabric, trim and wash development
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design (or equivalent experience and education)
- 4+ Years of relevant experience in knit and wovens, womenswear background a plus
- Elevated taste level and keen eye for color, trend and detail
- Entrepreneurial attitude with creative thinking skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Well versed in Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communication skills
Please provide a resume and a cover letter expressing why you are interested in working for American Giant by emailing us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.