Job Listing - Director of Site Merchandising and Product Management
Job Title: Director of Site Merchandising and Product Management
Department: Revenue, E-Commerce
Location: San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a motivated Director of Site Merchandising and Product Management to oversee the strategy, vision, and execution of our website. This person thrives in a high-performance, entrepreneurial environment and has a passion for creating an innovative digital customer experience. The role will lead direct reports, owning the digital roadmap for driving revenue and conversion, optimizing the customer journey, supporting marketing, customer retention, creative and brand initiatives. This person will be the owner of website conversion while also being responsible for analytics around customer site behavior. This role will be reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer to define and drive the company’s E-Commerce revenues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead daily/weekly execution of our GTM/go-live process on the site including launching of product, optimizing navigation/collections and publishing content such as homepages, etc.
- Manage and develop a team of direct reports overseeing site merchandising, systems and UX and site data analytics.
- Manage and own the partnerships between external full stack dev agency, vendors and business stakeholders Develop and execute a product roadmap that elevates the brand, drives conversion and revenue, and optimizes the customer experience
- Daily site maintenance - work with all pertinent parties to establish site stability, feature updates, troubleshooting, escalation and resolution
- Work with cross-functional teams to optimize sales and conversion and engagement of different marketing and partner channels
- Work with cross-functional partners to identify, develop and execute initiatives to drive brand awareness through innovative features and functionality and positive customer sentiment
- Collaborate with the CRO on the development of the annual site and roadmap strategy and department budget plans
- Own site performance KPIs such as revenue, conversion rate , bounce rate, site retention and engagement. Perform and communicate regular readouts of site metrics and performance.
- Advise and lead key changes and strategic direction in E-Commerce, and ensure digital principles are incorporated in all cross-functional projects
- Perform competitive and market assessments to identify further improvements for our digital experience
- 5+ years of relevant professional and leadership experience in e-commerce
- 3+ years of experience with Shopify Plus is preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from four-year college or university
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to maximize the impact of and fully operationalize new product and feature launches to the entire organization
- Ability to build new website experience from conception to launch on new product/brand ideas
- Experience using analytical tools to derive insights and make data driven decisions
- High level of initiative, able to work independently on multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a constantly evolving team environment
- Strong organizational, analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of website technology, product management and development
- Strong business acumen and financial proficiency, analytical and business planning skills
- Proven ability to interface with business as well as technical teams and 3rd party vendors
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with internal and external teams harmoniously in a fast-paced business environment
- Ability to prioritize work, handle multiple tasks, and work independently of supervision
- Able to solve customer problems, make decisions and take calculated risks in order to meet partner expectations in a manner consistent with company goals and policies
To submit your resume, please email email@example.com.