Social Media Manager
Role: Social Media Manager
American Giant is the established leader in the American Made apparel category. This is a unique opportunity to be a key component in the effort to drive our company to be the next great American brand. Candidate must be scrappy and self-driven, have a creative instinct, and project management capability. This role will be on the front-line of interaction with our community and will be an integral part of bringing the American Giant brand to life.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for all aspects of the social media strategy and execution for American Giant. This position will report directly to the Brand Communications Director.
ESSENTIAL PRODUCT DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Grow and engage American Giant’s audience and brand reputation across all relevant social networks
- Develop and implement American Giant’s social media strategy
- Collaborate with brand communications director to bring the ambassador program to life across all social media channels
- Schedule daily posts across social media platforms and manage the social media calendar
- Respond and engage with customers in all platforms by answering questions, developing and managing contests, and curating user generated content
- Work with the product and marketing teams to coordinate and execute supporting social campaigns for key product/brand launches
- Pitch and execute social content series and programming
- Maintain “always on” work flexibility to handle communication needs outside of typical business hours, as well as last minute travel and events
- Monitor conversations and trends across social media platforms to respond timely, on brand, and inform relevant internal teams of questions, product suggestions, story ideas and trending topics.
- Share weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance updates, including wins, learnings, and opportunities for improvement
- 2+ year working experience in a social media and/or community management role
- Experience with all major social media networks and analytic and scheduling tools
- Proficiency in Photoshop
- Competent photography skills
- Video production and editing experience a plus
- Ability to work effectively and swiftly in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Ability to work under pressure and take feedback constructively
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Competent presentation skills
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Willing to travel as needed
To submit your information, please click on the name under the department you're interested in. If no email form comes up, your pop-up block may be enabled, in which case you can disable it, or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.