FREE RETURNS (USA ONLY) FREE SHIPPING $75+, FREE RETURNS
Date of Last Revision: October 21, 2015
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time and will notify you of such changes by posting the modified Policy on our Site and indicating at the top of the Policy the date it was last updated. If there are material changes to this Policy, we will notify you more directly.
Personal Information We Collect
You provide personal information to us in a number of ways when you visit the Site. For example, you provide us with personal information when you:
- Create or update an account or profile and subscribe to our e-mail newsletter or other services ("Services");
- Purchase AMERICAN GIANT products on the Site;
- Participate in a survey, contest, sweepstakes, or other promotions on the Site;
- Contact us by e-mail for any reason, such as to request help with the Services, or to provide us with your comments/feedback; or
- Submit personal information in connection with reviews/photos/stories for our potential use and/or publication.
We may collect your name, image, billing and shipping addresses, e-mail address, phone number, credit card number and expiration date as well as information on purchases that you make from our Site. We may also collect certain demographic information in connection with your participation in any survey, contest, sweepstakes, or promotion on the Site such as gender, birth day and month, city, state and country, websites and personal interests.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and to display advertising both on our Site and on third-party sites.
Web Beacons. "Web beacons" (also known as "web bugs," "action tags," "pixel trackers," or "clear GIFs") may also be used on the Site or in our emails. Web beacons are small graphic images placed on a web page, web-based document, or in an e-mail message that allow the collection of certain information and monitor user activity on the Site or in emails. Web beacons are invisible because of their size (only 1 by 1 pixel) and because they are the same color as the background of the web page. Web beacons are used to collect the IP address of the computer that the Web beacon is sent to, the URL of the page the Web user comes from and the time the Web beacon is activated (such as when you view the webpage, advertisement, or e-mail that contains the Web beacon).
How We Use Personal Information
In general, we use personal information collected on the Site to provide the Services and otherwise process transactions on the Site, to provide support for the Services, to respond to user requests and inquiries, to maintain a record of our dealings with Site users, to develop and improve products and services, to inform users about products or services we think will be of interest and to allow users to connect or search for other customers that share similar interests.
When we use your personal information in our marketing efforts, we provide you with choices (see "Choice," below). We may also receive information from third parties with whom we have business relationships, and may combine this information with the other personal information we maintain about you (for example, we may receive updated information about you, such as an updated billing address, from the financial institution issuing your credit card in connection with billing for AMERICAN GIANT products).
Sharing Personal Information
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- We may share your information with our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling promotions, sending communications to our customers, conducting surveys, etc. We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
- We may share your information when we team up with another company to jointly offer or provide products, services, contests, or promotions to our customers.
- From time to time we may share our postal mailing list (your name and street address) with selected providers (and their marketing partners) of goods and services that may be of interest to you for the purpose of enabling such providers (and their marketing partners) to send catalogs and other direct mail to your mailing address. If you prefer not to receive mailings from these providers, or to not have us share such information with them, you can notify us at any time by contacting us by telephone at 415-529-2429; email firstname.lastname@example.org; or by writing us at American Giant, Attn: Customer Service, 161 Natoma Street, San Francisco, CA 94105.
We may also share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
We also disclose personal information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law (e.g., a subpoena, warrant or court order) or respond to lawful requests and legal process; to enforce or apply this Policy or our other policies or agreements; to initiate, render, bill and collect for amounts owed to us; to protect the rights and property of AMERICAN GIANT, our agents, our community members, our customers and others; to protect our community members, customers and others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of the Site or Services; or if we reasonably believe that disclosure is needed to respond to an emergency or protect the personal safety of any person.
In addition, information about our customers, including personally identifiable information, may be disclosed or transferred as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing or sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personally identifiable information could be transferred to third parties as one of our business assets.
We encourage parents to take an active interest in their children's use of the Internet. The Site is not designed to collect personal information from children who are under 13 years of age, and we do not intend to or knowingly collect such information. If you are under 13, you should not provide personal information on our Site.
We use reasonable security measures in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, destruction and alteration of information while it is under our control. We cannot, however, guarantee the protection of information against such events, nor can we promise that your information may be not be disclosed or accessed by accidental circumstances or by the unauthorized acts of others.
When you register for an account on the Site, we ask you to create a password. To protect the confidentiality of your personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the Site by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused or otherwise misappropriated.
We maintain security standards that are designed to protect your information as it is transmitted from your computer to our network. This technology is called Secure Socket Layer (SSL). SSL is the leading security protocol for data transfer on the Internet and helps to protect the safety and confidentiality of your online banking information.
To opt-out of receiving marketing or other promotional communications from us, to access, change or delete your personal information maintained by us, or to otherwise change your choices about how we use your personal information we provide you with the following options: you may (1) follow the "Unsubscribe" instructions contained in the communication from us; (2) e-mail us at email@example.com or (3) write to us at the following address with your request:
ATTN: Customer Service
161 Natoma St.
San Francisco, CA 94105
Opt-out requests will not apply to transactional service messages, including security alerts and notices about your current account, purchases and services.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or concerns about this Policy or would like to contact us for any reason, you may reach us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org